Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Scott chopping up 8 heads of cabbage
The Leprechauns came this yr and left
a rainbow with gold coins & shamrock chocolate
and green necklaces. Every yr is different but the gold $1 coins is a must have ....

I took one home with me from school

I think I can take this one,,he's cute

I was feelin happy go lucky :)

This is our 4th year and now a tradition in the Hughes home.. We invite 5-6 families to join in on the fun.. I found out a lot of them have never had corned beef and cabbage with red potatoes, or they just don't want to cook it, or would rather some one else do it. Sc ott and I don't mind it at all and it's one fun holiday where it's not a huge $$$ making day. We have fun everyone has been given something to bring that is green of course ie,,,rice krispies treats,jello, green ice cream drinks, paper goods. Yes th I am cooking all day but worth it. This yr I decided to cook brisket in my crock pot...mmm yummy best one yet. I had 6 briskets cooking at once. No I do not have a big kitchen or a big stove.. Somehow I manage to work it all out... Thanks to those families who joined in and shared the lucky day with us. Martinez,Hyer, Barron, Willett, Jordans, and the Vergos. See ya next year....................

No comments: